Test of FAITH
Test of FAITH is a series of resources investigating the relationship between science and faith, examining questions such as whether science has pushed God into the margins of life. Talking to leading scientist-believers, Test of FAITH probes the issues at the heart of this debate.
Introduction to Test of FAITH
The relationship between science and faith is often represented as a battleground. The claim is that science has pushed God into the margins. But is the truth more complex? Talking to leading scientist-believers, Test of FAITH probes the issues at the heart of this debate. Has science really murdered God? Or is the God question being redefined in new ways by science? Does the possibility of a Creator remain an ineradicable challenge?
More video clips from the documentary can be accessed from the menu
The Test of FAITH materials aim to provide accessible resources to help consider the questions often raised concerning the relationship between science and Christianity. Test of FAITH responds to the challenge laid down by some atheistic scientists who claim that all religious belief is a delusion and that science has removed the need for any kind of 'Faith'.
Produced by the Faraday Institute for Science and Religion, with a grant from the Templeton Foundation, Test of FAITH provides film and written resources, supported by other web-based resources to help get to grips with these important issues.
The award winning Test of FAITH film, available on DVD, provides a number of presentations by Christian scientists explaining why they see no genuine conflict between their faith and their scientific work.
Test of FAITH: Science and Christianity Unpacked is a course designed for small groups wishing to explore big issues raised by science for both faith and ethics. A Study Guide and Leader's Guide are designed to accompany the DVD.
- The 96 page Study Guide provides an outline of the material, background material, questions, briefing sheets and follow-up suggestions, along with space to take notes.
- The Leader's Guide, provides full details of course sessions, along with options depending on how much time you have. It covers suggested DVD clips, questions, background material, briefing sheets, appendices and epilogue material – in short everything needed to help anyone, scientist or not, to lead the course.
In the accompanying Test of FAITH book, ten respected scientists share their life stories and reflections on science and faith.
- Chapter 1 of Test of FAITH: 'Learning the Language of God' by Francis Collins is available from the menu.
A number of the Test of FAITH briefing sheets are also now available on bethinking.org from the menu on the left:
- The Christian Roots of Science
- Mechanism and Meaning
- Science and Knowledge of God
- Ways of understanding science and religion
Visit the Test of FAITH website at www.testoffaith.com
© Faraday Institute 2008-2010
Used with the kind permission of the Test of FAITH project, The Faraday Institute for Science and Religion, www.testoffaith.com.