Real History, Real People
Peter May considers some snapshots of the real history and real people mentioned in the New Testament, illustrating its historical integrity.
Topics and people discussed include:
- the destruction of the Temple in AD 70, predicted by Jesus and such a cataclysmic event for Judaism, but mentioned nowhere in the New Testament.
- internal evidence in Luke and Acts that Luke was a doctor.
- the chaos that occurred in Ephesus when Paul preached.
- the list of people Paul mentions in chapter 16 of his letter to the Romans.
- Apollos and Priscilla and Aquila.
- Seneca, the Stoic Roman philosopher and tutor and personal adviser to the Emperor Nero (Seneca's brother Gallio, is mentioned in Acts 18:12-17).
© 2015 Peter May