Christian approaches to whatever subject you are studying
My Biggest Mistakes in Philosophy and Theology
Dan Strange and Daniel Blanche
- Dan Strange is lecturer in Culture, Religion, and Public Theology at Oak Hill College. Previously, he worked for UCCF alongside theology students. View all resources by Dan Strange
- Daniel Blanche studied philosophy, politics and economics at Oxford, before four years working with UCCF as CU Staff Worker in Oxford. More recently, he returned to university and picked up a Postgraduate Diploma in Theology. He now works in an office. He is married to Kate, and serves as an Elder of Magdalen Road Church in east Oxford. View all resources by Daniel Blanche
Dan Strange - Biggest Mistakes in Theology
Daniel Blanche - Biggest Mistakes in Philosophy
In April 2011, the Theology Network held their "Biggest Mistakes" conference. Two former students, one a philosopher, the other a theologian, confessed to the biggest mistakes they had made as undergraduate students, and explained how not to follow them!
Dan Strange's Theological Biggest Mistakes
1. Historical myopia.
2. Anthropological naÔvety.
3. Evangelistic stupidity.
4. Communally individualistic.
5. Vocationally short-sighted.
Daniel Blanche's Philosophical Biggest Mistakes
1. Treating philosophy like a game.
2. Imagining philosophy is safely progressing towards truth.
3. Towing the party line.
© 2011 Dan Strange & Daniel Blanche
With thanks to the Theology Network for these talks.