Ancient and Unreliable: Isn't the Bible just a book of myths?
Adrian Holloway examines the question of whether the Bible is simply an ancient and unreliable book. Is there really any reason to trust what we read in it?
He considers issues such as:
- can the life of Jesus be substantiated from sources outside of the Bible;
- did the Gospel writers incorporate legends into their writing;
- did the Gospel writers exaggerate their accounts;
- were the New Testament documents copied reliably;
- how does the New Testament compare to other ancient history books which are generally accepted as largely historical?
The talk lasts for about 20 minutes, followed by about 30 minutes of questions and answers.
Go to the next talk: Impossible and Unproven: How can you prove Jesus rose again?
© 2014 Durham Inter-Collegiate Christian Union