Problems with Flash Player?
You may find that if you play audio talks on the website using the Flash Player, the speaker sounds a bit like a chipmunk. Unless you find this amusing enough to keep, you should download the latest version (Flash Player 9) which has this particular fault corrected. You can download the player for free from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer.
If you choose to download audio talks, the version you download is unaffected by your version of Flash Player.
This website was designed to run at a minimum screen resolution of 800 * 600 pixels.
It is possible to increase your screen size on most computers (less than 4 years old). On a PC:
- Go to Start --> Settings --> Control Panel
- Double click on 'Display'
- Choose the 'Settings' tab
- Adjust the screen area slider to '1024 by 768 pixels'
Here are a few search tips:
- Search for the most general word first then choose a more specific word if you get too many results
- Search words need to be at least three characters long
- If you don't enter a word to search for and have chosen a category or a person, then you'll get a complete listing for that category or person
- Matches in the title come before matches in the article
- If you have chosen a category or an author and only a few results are being returned then try choosing “All Speakers” or “All Categories”
- If you search for lots of words you'll get results with at least a match of one word
Advanced searching with special characters:
- Quotes "around words will search for that exact phrase"
- A plus sign (+) at the beginning of a word means that the word must be found
- A minus sign (-) at the beginning of a word means that the word must not be found
- A tilde (~) at the beginning of a word means that word is less important than other words
- An asterisk (*) at the end of a word acts as a wildcard character and will give you results that begin with the search phrase e.g. bib* will return results that match bible, biblical etc.
It is possible to increase/decrease the size of font on your browser:
- Go to View -->Text size
- To make the font size bigger choose 'larger' or 'largest' or to make it smaller use 'smaller' or 'smallest' in Internet Explorer [For Mozilla or Firefox choose 'increase' or 'decrease']
- Choose 'Tools' menu --> 'Internet Options'
- Choose the 'Security tab' --> 'Custom Level'
- Scroll down to 'Active Scripting' and select 'Enable'
Please email email@example.com if you have any problems.